Zhongdu Tangrong Brick Kiln Factory was formerly the Samejima Trading Company smelting factory. Founded in 1899, this traditional eye kiln is the first brick manufacturing factory in Takao. Shintarō Ushiroku introduced the Eight Diagrams Kiln to Takao in 1909; in 1913, the Taiwanese Governor's Office invested in the establishment of “Taiwan Renga” to integrate the management of brick kilns under one corporation. Though the factory closed in 1992, an Eight Diagram Kiln, Chimney, Tunnel Kiln, Downdraft Kiln, Experimental Kiln, and office area are preserved on factory grounds. The compound mainly consists of industrial, brick buildings that were built with practicality, has little decoration but is quite varied in architectural design, embodying a wonderful chapter in the development of Kaohsiung's industrial history.