This October, the Zuoying Military Dependents' Village is hosting a series of events, talks, and exhibitions to share the area's history with the public. These restored houses in the heart of old Zuoying are home to personal art shows and select classes during weekdays. On weekends, all doors are open. Visitors can stroll through photography, sculpture, and restored antique displays, or attend traditional music/theater/martial arts performances.
You have the opportunity to participate in one of our many handcraft studios on-site and learn to work with leather or make sealing cloth out of beeswax.
For the full historical experience, we invite you to stay at one of the many bed and breakfasts in the village. Zyin Bed and Breakfast offers an Asian Chic stay, whereas Leave a Little Light Hostel exudes color and warmth. A Touch of Zen's restaurant and bar is open for service all month, with Friday and Saturday movie-nights: patrons are invited to enjoy cinema's finest paired with hotdogs, craft beer, and wine.
On October 19--20th, join us at the Village Street Fair for art, music, and food:
🚩 Village Street Fair
1. Time: October 19th, 2019 (Sat) ~ October 20th, 2019 (Sun) 10:00-18:00
2. Location: Jianye New Village, 11th Road
3. Content: Art and Crafts Market
🚩 The Village Homecoming
1. Time: October 19th, 2019 (Sat)
2. Location: Zuoying Naval Yard
11:30-12:00 Team performance
13:00-15:00 Music performance
🚩 Village Celebrity Forum
1. Time: October 19th, 2019 (Sat) 15:30-17:30
2. Location: Lide Junior High School Audiovisual center